Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way: Revised Edition by Susan McCutcheon-RoseggMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is a modern version of Dr. Bradley's original. It's more of a user's manual; it has a lot less on the theory and formulation of the method and it includes pictures, illustrations, practice exercises, real couples' experiences/outcomes, as well as a lot of info on the physiology of pregnancy, labor, birth, and other medical considerations (episiotomy, etc.)
I highly, highly recommend both books, but especially this one. We used this method all three times, loved it, and will continue to use it as the need arises! This book was a very important addition to my library. ;)
View all my reviews >>

I just scrolled through your bookshelf, and realized that we do have a lot in common!
ReplyDeleteGood recommendation! I don't know much about the Bradley method, but am really interested in learning.
ReplyDeleteI just read an article about natural childbirth you might like - it's outrageous!
http://www.blogher.com/birth-plan-doula-natural-birth-not-here-you-dont?from=nethed
I have to (politely, respectfully, and humbly) disagree. Although I used this book to have a natural childbirth, and got a lot of great insight from it, I HATED the pictures. Call me prudish or modest, but I don NOT need to see pictures of naked women in labor. Especially when they are just demonstrating positions, they could be covered up. I was embarrassed to go through this book with my husbands. Would Mary and Joseph looked at pictures like this? My husband put the book way up high on our bookshelf so that our 4 little ones won't accidently flip it open. If she had kept all the advice the same and just taken out the pictures (or at least taken some recent pictures of clothed women) I would highly rate this book. But in good conscience, I can not.
ReplyDeleteOK, I obviously had some misspellings in my first comment. I only have one husband ;)
ReplyDelete