Friday, September 10, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday: Vol. 13


...1...

Last night we drove to a local organic farm, our raw milk supplier, to pick up our order of five heritage breed, freshly-butchered chickens. Very exciting!

...2...

We still have some things in our garden. Most everything is done by now, but the cucumbers and zucchini are still producing. Also, our carrots are still in the ground and we have lots of watermelons still in the vine. (I'm very depressed because I'm starting to think that my prized watermelons I've been babying all year aren't quite to the picking stage yet and I feel like frost is imminent.)

Much better gardeners than I am are pulling everything, tilling, and planting the whole lot to rye grass. But I think I'm just going to let all the plant remnants rot.

...3...

We did not send our five-year-old to kindergarten, so homeschooling has begun. It's been wonderful all over again.

...4...

Recently we took a trip to Nebraska. We stayed with and visited friends, I was able to attend the NaPro conference, and I got to meet Aubrey! It was such a great time meeting and being able to visit in person. It makes me regret the eight hours in the car between us!

...5...

My brother the student is currently in Germany studying abroad for the next eleven or so months. I'm sad to be missing him so much, but, we have used video skype once already, so that helps a little. And I'm hoping to return to blog diligence to help keep him up on what's happening here and also to provide a source for pictures of his nephews that he says he's going to be missing most of all.

...6...

We've had a week of grey, drippy skies and unseasonably cool temperatures that has just sunk my mood down to about zero. I'm trying to snap out of it by enjoying the sunshine today and also by reminding myself of the realization that I had when leaving my last confession a couple of weeks ago. I AM SPOILED ROTTEN.

...7...

Now that the garden is winding down and the leaves are starting to change, I am really starting to get in the mood to knit again. It's been so long since I've been in the middle of a knitting project. I miss it!

...8... bonus!

A couple of months ago I (and seemingly every other mother I know!) started reading the Little House series aloud to the boys. We've all been really loving it! But this weekend there's a Laura Ingalls Wilder festival not too far away, so we're planning to go and take it in and also meet up with some friends and fellow readers while we're there.


I hope that this summer was fun and eventful for you and that you're able to enjoy a beautiful September weekend!

Visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment