Saturday, March 23, 2013

5 Random Things

My new friend, Annemarie, tagged me for this funny game.  Apparently it's just the motivation I needed to break the six-month streak of blog silence.

1-- I've always looked forward to being old and being a grandmother.  Even when I was a kid, I'd sit watching my farm-wife grandmother in the kitchen and wish that she and I could trade lives.

2-- In many ways I feel like the Industrial Revolution was not a good thing.

3-- Seeing Dave (Matthews Band--for those of you who are not on familiar terms like I am) in concert has been on my determined "before-I-die" list for a very considerable amount of time (not for lack of trying).  Just this week I secured two tickets for my sister and myself!

4-- I left my then-boyfriend (now husband) in the dust on the hills of the country road we chose for our very first bike ride together and I still like to brag about it.  :)

5--  I enjoy using hyphens (and parenthesis) in writing and feel fairly certain that I remember the rules from my high-school English class for how to use them properly, but I feel self-conscious that I use both of them way too much.

And now I nominate:  Simple Life in the Woods, Patch O' Dirt, Small Things, Seeking the Lamp, and Our Magnum Opus

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Diane! Dave concerts are so much fun...you will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete