Thursday, June 18, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 7)



...1...

In the absence of a clean nursing bra today I was just wearing a shelf-bra tank top. This afternoon while serving a snack to the two older boys my milk let down. They thought it was hilarious when they had to point out to me that I was "spilling drips." ugh. And they thought my shocked and embarrassed reaction was even funnier.

...2...

Why is it absolutely impossible to buy a pair of kids' sunglasses without a bunch of garbage grafitti (like spongebob or spiderman or you name the tv show or superhero) ALL over it?

...3...

I am having several thoughts per day about the craving I'm having to cut my hair. After every time I give birth I always get the urge to do something drastic and get a nice, short haircut. The only problem was that during my pregnancy my hair was really great and I anticipated that this would happen so I told myself not to let me do it. I'm so conflicted!


...4...

I'm trying to decide if whether I should go to the dentist for a strange numb feeling in a section of my mouth and lip.

...5...

I was extremely proud of a salad I whipped up of the top of my head several weeks ago. I thought it tasted like a gourmet, restaurant salad (that should probably embarrass me a lot). Romaine, orange segments cut in half, broken grapefruit wedges, pine nuts, and thin onion slices. For the dressing I used a Tbsp. each of extra-virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar. Even the children ate it!

...6...

I absolutely love greek food and now that it's summer and fresh produce is becoming abundant again I plan to get back to cooking a bunch of it this summer. Yum!

...7...

I took the boys out walking this morning. I wore the baby in the maya wrap and pushed the other two in the bike trailer (it pushes easier than our double stroller). We walked to downtown to do an errand at the post office and on the way got to watch some road construction machines in action (the highlight for the two boys!). I was feeling generous and adventurous and brave and decided to continue on to the library so the boys and I could check out some books together (the library is about a mile from our house). It turned out to be a bust. Our library opens at 10 on Mondays and Wednesdays--but not Fridays! Fridays, for some widely misunderstood reason, our library opens at 11. Who came up with that??!

I must be berzerk today because I also took the boys to daily mass at the cathedral today. Lance called me and asked if I'd like to bring the boys and meet him there since he was getting off work early today. But he only gave me about 30 mins notice and it's a 20 min drive. So we got there a little late (during the homily!) so we slipped in the back and didn't get to sit together until he saw we were there and joined us after communion. I'm really glad we went, though, because Lance was really surprised and glad to see us and it was good to get to daily mass for once!

Go see Jen for more Quick Takes!

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love those random let downs! My body still decides to surprise me on occasion - 14 months later. At least it wasn't in public, though!

    I love that picture of your hair! Don't know if that's what you'd like to go to, or if it's what you have now that you're debating chopping off. But it's adorable in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's an old picture from a prior post-baby haircut! I'm sure it's coming sooner or later because I do like my hair short and I'm just getting that feeling like it's time again. But, I'm negotiating with myself that, in a little while, when I can visit the salon again I'm going to show some restraint and just get a trim/something mildly different. After that, we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your blog tonight.....I love finding new blogs...Had a little time to blog hop tonight while waiting to go to the hospital and welcome a new grandson tomorrow. This month I am posting about our Disney trip, plus a great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm spilling my milk all over the place too... even through the breastpads! I am a milk machine right now, since I am basically feeding twins. It is messy and I am tired of changing clothes all of the time... LOL!

    ReplyDelete